The Formula:R product line is the result of the cooperation with the Zimmermann-sponsored racing team. Formula:R compound brake discs partly replace carbon-ceramic brake systems, which are very cost-intensive, and are intended exclusively for use on the race track.
The compound technology with a light alloy hub brings a significant weight reduction. This weight reduction leads to a clearly improved driving performance, as the brake discs belong to the unsprung mass. The ratio of unsprung to sprung mass is thus increased for the benefit of the sprung mass. Traction and thus control of the vehicle are noticeably improved.
- Thoroughly tested in racing
- Specially coated light alloy hub and highly carbonized cast friction ring with optimum thermal conductivity
- Highest performance of the disc even in temporarily hot condition
- Optimal air supply and highest stability due to bended ribs in the ventilation channel
- Partly as replacement for carbon-ceramic brake discs
- Free radial expansion due to specialized connection of hub and friction ring
- Brake fading is avoided
- Sporty look due to Z-grooves
- Developed exclusively for the race track